Friday 17 October 2008

Identity and Anonimity

This blog is anonymous for a reason. That reason is not because I am a coward who won't put their name to their thoughts. I will happily espouse the same thoughts in person and by name on the internet. I'll use the words of James Marwood of safeism.com to explain the reason.

"Blogs like HEMAboy, whilst amusing, also serve to surface tension. To show where conflict exists and get people talking about it. For example I was politely critical of the decision of the Hammaborg guys to drop out of the recent Open Championships and then make a point of implying they would have won if they hadn’t. I thought this churlish and unsporting. HEMAboy had similar concerns and took the piss a bit. This got some of us talking more about what happened which has lessened the emotion involved. Once Roland calms down I’m sure all will be well again."

If you think you know who I am then please keep it to yourself. If you need to be certain then email me at hemaboy99@gmail.com and I'll let you know if you're right.

In the mean time please don't kill the blog.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What exactly is your point...I mean: Why this blog?
What motivates you?
Care to share?

Herbert
www.arsgladii.at

Anonymous said...

I totally support you, Hema Boy. We need a place for honest, no holds barred discussion. We've been too much of back-patters, and many of us have grown lazy , slack and too full of ourselves.

Good to have you. Don't be discouraged. The greatest potential for change is in conflict, and it's best to have the unpopular opinions on the surface as soon as possible, so we can learn from them, instead of waging battle later on.