Wednesday 15 October 2008

As close to an apology as you are likely to get

I take it all back.

Knowledge is not power

SFI is still the place where all the best debate happens and no-one has ever left

The best way to perfect your technique is to get a better tool

Simply repeating the instructions in a book is a highly complex martial art

and

There is indeed a fully functioning global WMA community.

It would seem that it is impossible to point out negative trends without unwittingly implying personal insults, and as that was never the intention of this blog I have removed the earlier posts.

Though never fear, I have not gone. (I can almost hear the collected sigh of relief)

I will simply try to steer this ship closer to the kittens from now on and further away from the rocky waters of divisiveness.

I do miss the entry about wardrobes though, I was quite proud of that one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly think that's a shame. Yes I know your posts upset some people, and I know some thought it divisive. However you pointed in public many fingers that had been pointed in private, and that would, over time, have helped surface tension, and maybe helped us get over some of this basically unimportant issues.

Whilst I disagreed about the possibility for a global community I'll be sad to see you change tack over much.

Anonymous said...

Bring them back.

Too many people taking themselves too seriously.

Stevie T

Anonymous said...

Oh man, come on... You resign NOW?!!!

Unknown said...

First you call yourself a "straight talking Marial Artist" then go around and make everything bad without stating your background, viewpoint and identity and as soon as you get two or three ciritcs and some opposition you delete most of it.

Strange behaviour.
Have you changed your mind? Great!
Have you just given way to pressure? Why?
Haven't you got arguments for your viewpoint/behaviour? Sad.

I don't want to attack you whatever you do, but I was a bit surprised. Anyway, deleting your writings is better than to leave it on your blog.

But your sarcastic tone in your "apology" makes me wonder. If you don't agree with the criticism then why deleting your articles?

I am curious as to what will come next. Really.


best wishes

Herbert Schmidt
www.arsgladii.at

Anonymous said...

Awww, I'm sorry that I missed the earlier posts now. And then you tease me with one about wardrobes.